Blue is a music composition environment for Csound, written in Java, and available for use on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux. It allows doing everything one can do in Csound as well as builds on top of it to offer the following features:
- SoundObjects are the building blocks within blue’s score timeline. SoundObjects can be lists of notes, algorithmic generators, python script code, Csound instrument definitions, PianoRolls, Pattern Editors, Tracker interfaces, and more. These soundObjects may be text based or GUI-based as well.
- Score timeline allows for visual organization of SoundObjects
- Polyobject are objects which hold other SoundObjects, and have timelines in themselves. Working within them on their timelines and outside of them on the parent timeline helps organize and understand the concepts of objective time and relative time between different objects.
- The soundOject library allow for instantiating multiple copies of a SoundObject, which allows for editing the original object and updating all copies.
- NoteProcessors allow for modifying the SoundObjects score results, i.e. adding 2 to all p4 values, multiplying all p5 values by 6, etc. These NoteProcessors can be chained together to manipulate and modify objects to achieve things like transposition, serial processing of scores, and more.
- The Orchestra manager organizes instruments and functions as an instrument librarian.
- Graphical instruments and effects that help to increase musical workflow.
- A mixer system and user-interface to easily connect instruments and effects together that follows a conventional mixer pardigm.
- Syntax hilighting of Csound code.
- SoundObject freezing – free up CPU cycles by pre-rendering objects
- Microtonal support using scales defined in the Scala scale format, including a microtonal PianoRoll, Tracker, NoteProcessors, and more.
- blueLive – work with soundObjects in realtime to experiment with musical ideas or performance.
- and much more!
Click HERE to Download