I've released a new version of blue, available at:
This release contains a new version of blueLive that allows enabling
of multiple soundObjects, triggering single as well as enabled
soundObjects, organization into bins and rows, as well as repeated
triggering of soundObjects according to tempo and repeat length in
beats. Some of this was inspired by Ableton Live and FL Studio's live
clip workflow, though the implementation is a little different from
either of them. This is really just the first steps in the redesign
of blueLive; I had to stop here as this release also has an urgent bug
fix (I will be retracting 2.1.10 from SourceForge). All users using
2.1.10 are recommended to upgrade.
The blueLive feature will continue to develop, with plans to create
SoundObject sets that one can toggle between. Ultimately, when
pattern layers are introduced two releases from now (2.4.0), there
will be interactions introduced between them and blueLive to allow
recording of selected patch sets to pattern layers. This is a work in
progress though, and feedback is greatly appreciated.
I will be updating documentation on blue's wiki for blueLive tomorrow.
I also plan to record a quick video demonstrating the feature, and
will share here when complete.
ChangeLog is below. Thanks!
>Notes for 2.2.0<
* Modified UDO Editor to have In Types, Out Types, and Test button on single
* moved from List of SoundObjects to table with bins (columns and rows added
from popup menu, accesible by right-click)
* double-clicking SoundObject toggles enabled state (orange color)
* trigger button sends score events from enabled SoundObjects
* tempo will be applied before score events sent to Csound, for example, using
tempo 120, score "i1 0 2" will be sent as "i1 0 1"
* repeat button will repeat trigger every n-number of beats, as specified by
* careful attention should be made while editing SoundObjects in case a repeat
trigger fires and the score is not quite valid; can cause unpredictable and
very loud results due to typos!
* Ctrl-T (on Mac, Cmd-T): Triggers currently selected SoundObject (whether
enabled or not)
* Ctrl-Shift-T(on Mac, Cmd-Shift-T): Triggers currently enabled SoundObjects,
same as using the trigger button
* right-clicking on SoundObject bins shows popup menu to handle working with
adding/copying/pasting/etc. of SoundObjects, as well as inserting/removing
rows and columns
* csLADSPA removed from Project Properties
* Upgrade code for 2.1.10 caused incorrect loading of projects that have data
in Global Orchestra (newlines were getting removed)
* Bug 3495199 - Added scrollpanes to panels within Project Properties to